|Also known as||
Elaine (Temporary alias)
Golden Age Arc I
Carrie Keranen (1997 Anime, Movies)
Unit Commander of the Band of the Hawk
- Casca vs Verneau
- Casca vs various armies
- Casca vs Guts
- Casca vs Blue Whale Knights
- Casca vs Adon
- Casca vs Midland Soldiers
- Casca vs Silat
- Casca vs Guts (waterfall)
- Casca vs Midland Soldiers (Tower of Rebirth)
- Casca vs Bakiraka
- Casca vs Apostles
- Casca vs scavengers
- Casca vs Guts (campsite)
- Her name means "shell" in Portuguese, possibly referencing her mental representation as a shattered doll which reflect her status as a hollow shell of her former self since the Eclipse.
- Casca is considered by many fans of Berserk to be the most beautiful woman in the series.
- Casca is likely the youngest member of the Hawks (next to Rickert) as Griffith, Judeau Pippin and Corkus were already teenagers when they first picked her up from her village as a young girl.
- Casca's skin tone changes frequently in the anime adaptations. In the manga, she has a creamy brown skin, but in the 90's anime of Berserk, she has a much darker skin tone, while in the 2012 movies her skin is far lighter even appearing white in dark environments. In the 2016 anime she has her regular light brown skin but strangely in all the flashbacks she has white skin.
- Casca's dark skin suggests that she and Pippin may be of Kushan descend.
- Casca bears a resemblance and similarities to Shisu, both are women driven insane and doting mothers seen with Shisu and Guts and Casca with the Demon Child (and Moonlight Boy).
- In the arcade game "Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara", the "Thief" character bears a striking similar appearance to Casca.
- Casca is the person Guts cares about most in the entire world, disregarding all other notions (even revenge against Griffith) to save and cure her. This why Casca is the first target of The Beast of Darkness which believes killing Casca will cause Guts to give into hate due to despair.
- There is a twisted irony in the fact that Griffith saved her from forcibly losing her virginity to Vernau (earning her trust and love) only to betray and rape her during the Eclipse. There is more irony considering Casca started off attempting to kill Guts and hated him at the start of the series, only then to fall in love with him and bearing his child.
- Casca bears many similarities to her lover Guts. Casca (until after the Eclipse) has short, black hair like Guts, both wield their swords two handed, both of them were betrayed by their parents and sold to a sex offender (Guts to Donovan, Casca to a Vernau). Both Casca and Guts killed the men who sexually assaulted them. Casca is a strong warrior like Guts (though she doesn't enjoy fighting as much as him), both of them have received numerous battle wounds and both of them were cruelly betrayed by Griffith (whom they trusted dearly). Casca and Guts were both given the Brand of Sacrifice and both were deeply affected by the events: Casca being violated and her baby corrupted (causing her to go insane), Guts lost his right eye and left forearm and had sanity decreased too (though not to Casca's level).
- Casca was the first female warrior shown in the series.
- Of any female character in the series, Casca has suffered the most known sexual assaults including rape by Griffith as Femto. Guts is the only consensual sexual experience she has had.
- Despite their passionate romance Casca has fought Guts over three times in the series and has fallen off a high place and into water and had to be save by him three times (as noted by Guts)
- In Chapter 350 Casca's psyche represented by "Mini Casca" in her dreamscape speaks. This is the first time an aspect of Casca has communicated verbally since the Eclipse. From the Reader's perspective, this is the first time in 18 years of the manga's publication.