Falconia is the capital city of the White Falcon Griffith, situated near the foot of the World Spiral Tree atop the land which Wyndham once sat. The utopian city surfaced as if from thin air following the Blast of the Astral World, and serves as the sole stronghold in the world where humanity can live in peace and affluence.
Lower City Edit
Consisting of bustling streets and lively citizens, the lower city is home to the majority of Falconians, where they perform their day-to-day functions.
Falcon's Castle Edit
The Falcon's Castle is where Griffith and his most important confidants live. Funeral rites are held in this area, and it is here where His Holiness the pontiff usually resides. As Griffith's fiancée, Princess Charlotte naturally lives alongside her betrothed within the castle; she is responsible for gathering and cultivating all the flowers of the world in the castle's garden.
Playing into Griffith's avian theme, the Falcon's Castle bears an architectural style markedly divergent from the classical style found in the lower city, structured to resemble the visage and wings of a falcon in flight; furthermore, a large cast of birds of prey can be witnessed in constant flight near the avian structure of the castle. Solidly built bridges of incredible magnitude and constitution allow coaches of citizens from the lower city to travel up to the castle en masse.
Most apostles serving as protectors of Falconia reside behind the city, in a domain known as "Pandemonium". There, monsters captured from the lands beyond the safety of the capital city are pit against bloodthirsty apostles in an amphitheater, all while other clamorous, equally violent reincarnates cheer on from the stands.
Holy See doctrine has remained the preeminent religion of the land, openly backed by Griffith. His Holiness the pontiff presides over funeral rites, Princess Charlotte attends to pay her respects, and Griffith conducts communion by manifesting the souls of the dead.
With consideration of individual abilities and aspirations, Falconians are issued recommendations to join varying guilds within the city upon going through the refugee processing station. Guilds are situated in different areas across Falconia. The only two known guilds as of now are the Guild of Smiths and Craftsmen and the Band of the Falcon army.
Food is cultivated on the land immediately beyond the wall of Falconia, where farmers, and by extension the capital city in general, are protected by wing stones which ward off monsters. Harvest season seemingly never ends and flowers, trees, and grains grow plentiful. Falconians believe the fertile land to be a blessing provided by the World Spiral Tree.
- Falconia is sometimes referred to as Wyndham.
- Both Foss and Rickert have remarked that Falconia seemingly appears to be Gaiseric's sunken capital city of yore risen anew.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Kentarou Miura (author). "Falconia". Berserk. Volume 35. Episode 307. Hakusensha.
- ↑ Kentarou Miura (author). "Bridge of Parting". Berserk. Volume 38. Episode 337. Hakusensha.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Kentarou Miura (author). "The Divine Right of Kings". Berserk. Volume 38. Episode 335. Hakusensha.
- ↑ Kentarou Miura (author). "Pandemonium". Berserk. Volume 38. Episode 336. Hakusensha.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Kentarou Miura (author). "City of Men". Berserk. Volume 38. Episode 334. Hakusensha.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Kentarou Miura (author). "Paradise". Berserk. Volume 37. Episode 333. Hakusensha.
- ↑ Kentarou Miura (author). "Thousand-Year Fiefdom". Berserk. Volume 10. Episode 53. Hakusensha.