The Interstice is a shallow layer of the Astral World which intermingles significantly with the Physical World, where the dead who did not realize they died or left regretfully and various astral beings reside. Certain humans that use magic (like witches and wizards) or those bearing the Brand of Sacrifice (like Guts and Casca) have a footing in the Interstice and can interact with the beings residing there. The Skull Knight also exists between the two realms.
Examples of Interstices include temporal junction points generated by beherits, the domain in which the Mansion of the Spirit Tree is found, a forest cave near Enoch Village where Slan's nightmarish astral realm of Qliphoth is situated, and the island of Skellig.
- The scenery of the Interstice is said to be derived largely from that of the Physical World, leaving little disparity between the two layers.
- A "road of elves" allows otherwise unaware individuals to perceive the Interstice.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Kentarou Miura (author). "The Astral World". Berserk. Volume 24. Episode 201. Hakusensha.
- ↑ Kentarou Miura (author). "The Sprint". Berserk. Volume 13. Episode 90. Hakusensha.
- ↑ Kentarou Miura (author). "The Sound of the Sea". Berserk. Volume 27. Episode 236. Hakusensha.
- ↑ Kentarou Miura (author). "Creation". Berserk. Volume 34. Episode 305. Hakusensha.
- ↑ Kentarou Miura (author). "Great Gurus". Berserk. Volume 39. Episode 345. Hakusensha.
|Concepts & Events|